Management and legislative framework
ISO 14001:2004 specifies the requirements for an Environmental Management System
(EMS), to enable an organisation formulate a policy and objectives taking into account
legislative requirements and information about significant environmental impacts. It
applies to those environmental aspects which the organisation can control and have
influence over. It does not itself specify environmental performance criteria.
ADCO is committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the
The key points of the company’s strategy to achieve this are to:
- Minimise waste by continually evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of its fleet and the source of its power requirement.
- Actively promote recycling and environmental awareness both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
- Consider environmental impacts when planning for operational changes and field projects.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the company.
- Use an accredited programme to offset the greenhouse gas emissions generated by the company’s activities.
- Communicate environmental issues to the company employees, and indicate best practice working methods in the workplace, within the office environment and in the field.